Sunday 27 May 2012

Even though it's not the weather for staying in & making stuff, I have still got round to doing a few bits that I have wanted to tick off my list for aaaages!! The first thing was this lovely lovely cuckoo clock embroidery. I have never done an embroidery before, and I am very pleased with the way it turned out. I got the pattern free from Mollie Makes magazine, but you can also buy it from Wild Olive. I Framed it in a simple clip-frame and sewed on some Cath Kidston fabric as a border, as the edges of the linen looked scruffy.



Another thing I got round to doing was this beautiful shabby chic unit. It was given to me, and it was mahogany (which I hate!). So after painting it white outside and Farrow & Ball's 'Cooking Apple Green' inside, it now proudly stands in my bedroom where I store my bedding. I love it! :)

And...another birdy picture!! I think this is the fifth one I have made now, I just love them so much! I have made this one for my mum though, and it will be hard to part with it. But then again, I have a feeling I will be making many more for my home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment